Viewers were left gobsmacked on Sunday night when Married At First Sight's Bronson Norrish called his wife Ines Basic an extremely derogatory name on national television.
Bronson's snap came after a week of being on the receiving end of wife Ines' cruel taunts. At the commitment ceremony the fed-up stripper-turned-entrepreneur could no longer bite his tongue, unleashing the vulgar insult in front of his co-stars.
Expert Mel Schilling cautioned him over his behaviour - something that prompted some angry viewers to start a petition calling for her to be sacked.
But despite the backlash over what he said, 34-year-old Bronson stands by his decision to call Ines out on her behaviour.
"I probably could have used a better word, but I've never had anyone treat me so badly in my life," he told TV WEEK.
"I wanted to find the best word to describe what she was doing to me, and that was the worst one I could think of. I don't regret calling her out, but I do regret using that word."
Bronson, who has endured a fair amount of tragedy in his life, says that despite his family and friends' reservations about Ines, he was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt.
"My family and friends wanted me to leave on the night of the wedding and come home with them," he says.
"They're better judges of character than I am – they can see the stuff you can't see yourself.
"I was hoping Ines was just nervous and putting on an act. But as it unfolded, I realised it wasn't an act and she was just that sort of person."
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019