Bronson Norrish may have tried to smile through most of his Married At First Sight Australia wedding day - even when new bride Ines Basic was less than complimentary of him - but those smiles masked a tragic family history.
Bronson's father touched on the events in an emotional speech at the reception - and Bronson himself revealed he'd lost his mother and two brother's in the space of three years. But he hadn't revealed the true extent of the tragedy - until now.
Watch: Bronson's father gives an emotional speech at the wedding. Story continues below.
In 2003, the then-teenager lost his brother Sasha in a shocking murder. Just a year later, his mother Sancha died unexpectedly after an operation went wrong.
Then, three years later, Bronson received the tragic news that his eldest brother Brodie had died in mysterious circumstances.
So how has the stripper-turned-entrepreneur managed to cope with so much grief?
"Don't get me wrong, when my first brother died, I hit the bottle," Bronson, 34, told TV WEEK. "And when Mum died, I went off the rails pretty hard. I disappeared for about a year and buried myself out in the bush, working on a cattle farm.
"But after two years, I pulled my head out of it and remembered Mum had wanted me to either be a singer or a stripper. So on Mother's Day, two years after she died, I went to a strip club, applied for a job and got it."
Bronson's new career path not only gave him a sense of purpose, but helped him deal with his grief.
"Stripping has helped me out – it's given me purpose," he says. "When I found out about my eldest brother, I went to work, did five shows, and bawled my eyes out in the car park afterwards. I just buried myself in work."
Nobody has ever been charged with Sasha's murder. But despite this injustice, Bronson still maintains a positive attitude.
"You can't hold a grudge," he says. "I wake up every day and strive to be happy. I hang around with happy people. If you surround yourself with sorrow and anger, it will eat away at you.
"When I get a phone call unexpectedly I feel sick, because I think someone has died. But you just have to get on with it."
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveToday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveToday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- WeddingsUnlucky-in-love MAFS bride Ning sells her unworn wedding dress in an attempt to 'bury' her past
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveYesterday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Daniel Webb reveals he has received death threats
Now To LoveYesterday 8:12am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019