A honeymoon in romantic Fiji might sound like a dream come true for many, but the idea filled Married at First Sight bride Anna Saxton with trepidation.
"It's hot, we're going to be swimming – there are going to be lots of pools and beach days," tells Anna, 25, who married Foxton light fabrication engineer Jordan Dare, 26, for the Three reality show.
Watch: All the reasons why MAFS groom Jordan won our hearts. Article continues below.
While the tropical island seems an idyllic destination, for Anna it sparked memories of a traumatic experience during a holiday in Whangamata when she was six.
"It was me and my brother, and I remember going out a little deeper than I should have," she recalls.
"This wave came from behind me and rolled me over, and for some reason I couldn't get up. I just remember being underwater, not being able to breathe and choking."
Thankfully, her uncle pulled her to safety, but the experience has left her with a lifelong fear that is so strong she has never learned how to swim.
"It was really traumatic. People don't really understand it's not just something I'm scared of – it's a phobia for me," Anna explains.
After revealing her fear to volunteer lifeguard Jordan, he convinced her to hop on a jet boat that did 360-degree spins.
"Straight off it was really fast," she tells. "I hated it and start having a panic attack in the boat. I felt like I was going to pass out two times," she admits.
"I didn't, but if he wasn't there reassuring me that it was ok, I probably would have. He was like my personal lifeguard."
And facing her fears with Jordan by her side has inspired her next goal.
"I want to learn to swim this year," Anna declares. "Just maybe not in the ocean, but in a swimming pool!"
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020