If you thought it was only 'non celebrities' that get starstruck and tie themselves in knots when they meet their favourite celebrity, think again.
Salma Hayek completely lost her composure when she ran into Eminen backstage at the Oscars on Sunday night. Not only did she spill her drink all over him, she then tried to wipe his clothes dry, pull him into a spontaneous hug AND let him know she was a HUGE fan.
The mortifying moment was caught on camera so Salma did all that she could in the circumstances, and 'owned' the moment - sharing the image on Instagram with a full rundown about what happened.
She began, "In these pictures it might look like @Eminem and I are best friends, but what really happened is as he was walking offstage and I was getting ready to walk onstage, I was so shocked to see him that I spilled water all over him.
"If you examine our faces, I look mortified and he looks terrified of me.
"As I was trying to wipe it off I impulsively hugged him and I said "Nice to meet you Eminem- I'm a HUGE fan!" because I AM!
"But I was so disappointed that I made such a fool of myself in front of him..."
But then she read an article in @rollingstone that set her mind at rest, she concluded on Instagram.
The article was about Eminem's performance of Lose Yourself at Sunday night's event, and the fact he hadn't been able to attend the awards when he'd originally won an Oscar for the song 17 years ago.
When he was asked if he enjoyed his belated Oscar spotlight, his reply was, "Absolutely. I got to hug Salma Hayek!"
Well, that's a relief.
It seems the adoration might be mutual!
- TVAngela Bloomfield's rocky ride on Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 13, 2021
- TVJess Tyson's secret weapon to win Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 09, 2021
- At homeWe love this family home which has a resort-style feel
Now To LoveOct 07, 2021
- Diet & NutritionWhy drinking a cup of tea is a simple and effective step in self-care
Now To LoveOct 04, 2021
- At homeTips for creating a stylish and comfortable outdoor entertaining space
Woman's DaySep 27, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island JJ Fong's personal heartache
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart reveals her battle with self-confidence
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsRyan Bridge opens up about landing his dream job as the new host of The AM Show
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 25, 2021