Robbie Williams has landed in Auckland for his Valentine's Day concert at Auckland's Spark Arena tomorrow night. And the cheeky pop superstar was as irreverent as ever.
Addressing waiting media, he was presented with a birthday cake, and before the press conference could start, Robbie was instructed to blow out the candles on his cake.
The former Take That singer turned 44 today.
Standing over the chocolate cake adorned with three candles, he pressed his hands together in a mock prayer, closed his eyes, very theatrically paused while he made his wish, and then blew out the candles. He then made a show of checking his pants. Watch the video above to draw your own conclusion about what he might have wished for!
He shook his head and giggled, remarking that "it's not worked."
When asked how he was spending his birthday, he responded "boringly." The former hell raiser and his band members had a FIFA soccer tournament organised, so would be holed up in the hotel gaming.
"Oh it's on fire," he quipped. "That's showbiz."
Williams will perform in Auckland tomorrow before heading to Dunedin for his first ever concert in the southern city.
"That is the furthest south I have ever played," he remarked. "I haven't been down there before. It will be an honour to play in a place I haven't played before."
"I love New Zealand. Back in the day, New Zealand was my biggest territory per head of something. I always remember that stat, OK, you are really famous in England but you are massive in New Zealand. If you love me, I love you, so here I am. Thank you for having me back."
Thanks for coming back, Robbie!
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019