Hollywood legend Zsa Zsa Gabor has died aged 99, her publicist has confirmed.
The film actress, who appeared in more than 70 movies over the course of her career, made her acting debut in 1952 in Lovely to Look At.
During the same year she also appeared in We’re Not Married, Moulin Rouge and The Million Dollar Nickel.
Born in Hungary at the end of the first world war, Gabor emigrated to the United States at the age of 24, where she became a highly sought after actress, famed for her “European style and flair.”
As well as being a creditable actress, Gabor was known for her many husbands – nine in total – who were the inspiration for her well known puns and innuendos.
Her second husband, who she married just a year after arriving in the US, was hotelier Conrad Hilton, with whom she had her only child, Constance Francesca Hilton. Constance is the great aunt of Paris and Nicky Hilton.
Gabor’s current husband, Frederic von Anhalt, apparently choked back tears as he told reporters this week that his wife had passed away at home, surrounded by friends and family.
“Everybody was there. She didn’t die alone,” he said.
Gabor had been plagued by ill health since 2002, when she was in a car accident that left her wheelchair bound.
In 2011, she had her right leg amputated to avoid death, and earlier this year was hospitalised with a lung infection.
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019