Hollywood legend Zsa Zsa Gabor has died aged 99, her publicist has confirmed.
The film actress, who appeared in more than 70 movies over the course of her career, made her acting debut in 1952 in Lovely to Look At.
During the same year she also appeared in We’re Not Married, Moulin Rouge and The Million Dollar Nickel.
Born in Hungary at the end of the first world war, Gabor emigrated to the United States at the age of 24, where she became a highly sought after actress, famed for her “European style and flair.”
As well as being a creditable actress, Gabor was known for her many husbands – nine in total – who were the inspiration for her well known puns and innuendos.
Her second husband, who she married just a year after arriving in the US, was hotelier Conrad Hilton, with whom she had her only child, Constance Francesca Hilton. Constance is the great aunt of Paris and Nicky Hilton.
Gabor’s current husband, Frederic von Anhalt, apparently choked back tears as he told reporters this week that his wife had passed away at home, surrounded by friends and family.
“Everybody was there. She didn’t die alone,” he said.
Gabor had been plagued by ill health since 2002, when she was in a car accident that left her wheelchair bound.
In 2011, she had her right leg amputated to avoid death, and earlier this year was hospitalised with a lung infection.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019