After two years of Vogue photoshoots, Met Gala red-carpet appearances and loved-up Instagram Stories, former One Direction star Zayn Malik and model Gigi Hadid have decided to call time on their made-in-Tinseltown relationship.
Yep, Harry is devastated too…
And while we'd like to think we weren't that invested in this millennial couple's relationship, there's something about the demise of young love that feels like a nostalgic sting to our been-there-done-that hearts…
But unlike the time we broke up with our twentysomething boyfriends and aired our dirty laundry about said break-up over a bottle (or two) of grape juice, Zayn and Gigi have taken the higher road, with the pair each confirming their split to their legion of Twitter followers.
"Gigi and I had an incredibly meaningful, loving and fun relationship and I have a huge amount of respect and adoration for Gigi as a woman and friend," Zayn tweeted.
"She has such an incredible soul. I'm grateful to all of our fans for respecting this difficult decision and our privacy at this time; we wish this news could have come from us first. We love you all."
Gigi quickly followed suit.
"Breakup statements often seem impersonal because there is really no way to put into words what two people experience over a few years … not only in the relationship, but in life in general," she said.
"I'm forever grateful for the love, time, and life lessons that Z and I shared. I want nothing but the best for him and will continue to support him as a friend that I have immense respect and love for. As for the future, whatever's meant to be will be."
Whether those messages were truly heartfelt or whether the sentiment was 'encouraged' by their respective publicists, there's no denying the love that was once there.
They've been through a lot, with Gigi supporting Zayn through his anxiety issues that led to him cancelling shows in the middle of 2016.
Still, with reports surfacing in 2016 that they had broken up then, we're holding out hope that the genetically blessed pair might be able to patch things up.
And if we're feeling nostalgic, we only need to watch Zayn's music video for Pillowtalk, where their love will forever be immortalised.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am