She’s starred in some of the biggest films – from Cold Mountain to Bridget Jones’s Diary - but Renee Zellweger called it quits on Hollywood six years ago.
Scroll down for video
“I got sick of the sound of my own voice: it was time to go way and grow up a bit,” she told British Vogue.
She was last on screen in 2010’s My Own Love Song.
The 47-year-old found she needed to take a break from the glitz and glam of Tinseltown in order to be good at her job.
“I found anonymity, so I could have exchanges with people on a human level and be seen and heard, not be defined by this image that precedes me when I walk into a room,” she told the publication.
“You cannot be a good storyteller if you don’t have life experiences, and you can’t relate to people.”
Renee, who starred in 20 movies between 2000 and 2010, is returning soon to our screens for Bridget Jones’s Baby.
When asked by Vogue about reviving the British heroine, Renee commented about the scrutiny she faced when changing her body shape for the part.
“I put on a few pounds. I also put on some breasts and a baby bump. Bridget is a perfectly normal weight and I’ve never understood why it matters so much,” she said. “No male actor would get such scrutiny if he did the same thing for a role.”
WATCH: Trailer for Bridget Jones’s Baby
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019