Victoria Beckham, 42, has been named on the Queen's New Year's Honours list and is set to be awarded an OBE for services to fashion and charitable causes.
First established by King George V, an OBE is a Queen's honour given to an individual to reward their contributions to any activity such as business, charity or arts and sciences.
Speaking with the Mail Online, a source has revealed that Victoria is “delighted and humbled” to hear about the honour.
"Victoria is incredibly proud of the fashion brand she has built and ever thankful for her amazing team," they told the publication.
Since leaving the Spice Girls, the former pop-star has built a highly-regarded eponymous fashion empire. Her sought after designs have been worn by some of Hollywood’s biggest A-list stars including Gwyneth Paltrow, Rose Byrne, Blake Lively and even, Beyonce.
Speaking to this achievement, the insider added: “Victoria is incredibly proud of the fashion brand she has built and ever thankful for her amazing team.”
According to the source, VB is especially pleased to be receiving the 'Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire' honour for her humanitarian work.
The source said, “She is especially thrilled that her philanthropic work as a UNAIDS goodwill ambassador, creating a voice and awareness for women with HIV that suffer prejudice and discrimination has been recognised in this way.”
Victoria has been working in her United Nations role since 2014.
In a speech she made at the United Nations headquarters in 2014, the star explained that she was “honoured” to play her part in helping women around the world.
She said: “I am mother and I am a woman. I will do whatever I can to raise awareness. I feel very passionate about this.”
During this time the mother-of-four travelled to South Africa on behalf of the UNAIDS campaign and the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Addressing her visit she added, “I recently visited South Africa and was so touched by the women I met and felt inspired. I came home and I knew I had to do something.”
“It's taken me to get to 40 to realise I have a responsibility as a woman and as a mother. For some reason people will listen to me. This is the beginning of an incredible journey for me.”
When husband David Beckham, 41, received an OBE in 2003 he said, "That day was special for me because I brought my grandparents with me, it made me proud that I could bring them to somewhere that they worshipped for their whole lives," he said.
"Meeting the Queen, it doesn’t get better than that."
VB is yet to speak publicly about the incredible achievement however, it is believed she revealed the exciting news to her family as they holiday in the Maldives.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020