Victoria Beckham, 42, has been named on the Queen's New Year's Honours list and is set to be awarded an OBE for services to fashion and charitable causes.
First established by King George V, an OBE is a Queen's honour given to an individual to reward their contributions to any activity such as business, charity or arts and sciences.
Speaking with the Mail Online, a source has revealed that Victoria is “delighted and humbled” to hear about the honour.
"Victoria is incredibly proud of the fashion brand she has built and ever thankful for her amazing team," they told the publication.
Since leaving the Spice Girls, the former pop-star has built a highly-regarded eponymous fashion empire. Her sought after designs have been worn by some of Hollywood’s biggest A-list stars including Gwyneth Paltrow, Rose Byrne, Blake Lively and even, Beyonce.
Speaking to this achievement, the insider added: “Victoria is incredibly proud of the fashion brand she has built and ever thankful for her amazing team.”
According to the source, VB is especially pleased to be receiving the 'Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire' honour for her humanitarian work.
The source said, “She is especially thrilled that her philanthropic work as a UNAIDS goodwill ambassador, creating a voice and awareness for women with HIV that suffer prejudice and discrimination has been recognised in this way.”
Victoria has been working in her United Nations role since 2014.
In a speech she made at the United Nations headquarters in 2014, the star explained that she was “honoured” to play her part in helping women around the world.
She said: “I am mother and I am a woman. I will do whatever I can to raise awareness. I feel very passionate about this.”
During this time the mother-of-four travelled to South Africa on behalf of the UNAIDS campaign and the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Addressing her visit she added, “I recently visited South Africa and was so touched by the women I met and felt inspired. I came home and I knew I had to do something.”
“It's taken me to get to 40 to realise I have a responsibility as a woman and as a mother. For some reason people will listen to me. This is the beginning of an incredible journey for me.”
When husband David Beckham, 41, received an OBE in 2003 he said, "That day was special for me because I brought my grandparents with me, it made me proud that I could bring them to somewhere that they worshipped for their whole lives," he said.
"Meeting the Queen, it doesn’t get better than that."
VB is yet to speak publicly about the incredible achievement however, it is believed she revealed the exciting news to her family as they holiday in the Maldives.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her royal wedding makeup look
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am