Victoria Beckham has opened up about her regrets over ‘messing with’ plastic surgery in a revealing letter penned for British Vogue.
Asked to write a letter to her 18-year-old self, the fashion designer and mum-of-four doesn’t hold anything back, particularly when it comes to her appearance.
“You will always be addicted to Elnett hairspray but you will tone it down. Less of the “Hello! I just got stuck in a wind tunnel”, please. And I should probably say, don’t mess with your boobs,” Victoria writes.
“All those years I denied it – stupid. A sign of insecurity. Just celebrate what you’ve got.”
Of course, Victoria has also had plenty of fun over the years with her personal style. While she’s a celebrated designer now, with many celebrities donning her looks on red carpets around the globe, the Spice Girl is the first to confess she wasn’t always so put together.
“You are going to have so much fun with your clothes – PVC catsuits; chokers that say absurd things; weird spiky blonde hair. It will never occur to you that you appear ridiculous,” she writes.
“You will turn up at awards ceremonies resembling a drag queen. But I look back at you and smile. It will add interest to your life to go from one extreme to another. I love the fact that you will feel free to express yourself. Fashion will take on added stature one day, but try not to be stifled by it. You will learn, as you mature, to swap heels for Stan Smith trainers, minidresses for crisp white shirts.”
On the subject of her marriage to beloved husband David, Victoria also had more pearls of wisdom to share – including the importance of being patient and making an effort.
“On marriage: have patience. Bite your tongue. Be supportive. And preserve a bit of mystique. Never let yourself go completely (at least brush your hair, clean your teeth, have a bit of a brow going on because you will always want him to look at you and feel attracted),” she reveals.
“Always make time for each other. Because if you don’t, everything will revolve around the children and I’m not sure how sexy that is! And do not forget the person you fell in love with.”
The couple, who tied the knot in a fairytale wedding ceremony at Luttrellstown Castle in Ireland in 1999, recently celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary with touching messages to each other on social media.
“Wow 17 years ago to this day this happened... I was lucky to meet someone who has the same drive and wanted the same things in life...,” David wrote, sharing a photo from the big day.
“'We have created 4 beautiful children that I couldn't wish for a more loving and caring mummy for them... Happy anniversary I love u.”
Victoria had equally kind words to say in her own flashback post, writing, “I feel so loved and truly blessed. My best friend, my love. The kindest man who inspires me every day. Happy anniversary to the best husband and daddy in the world!! EVER!”
The couple are proud parents to sons Brooklyn, 17, Romeo, 14, Cruz, 11 and daughter Harper, 5.
- RoyalsPrince George and Princess Charlotte's special bond with Archie
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- WeddingsJacinda Ardern has revealed new details about how Clarke Gayford proposed to her
Now To LoveToday 1:28pm
- BodyThe truth about osteoporosis and bone health for Kiwi women
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019