With awards season comes the highly-anticipated launch of Vanity Fair's annual Hollywood issue, but this year's offering has been marred by some, well, extra appendages.
Let us explain.
While most people were too busy trying to absorb the star-studded line-up that included everyone from Nicole Kidman and Tom Hanks, to Claire Foy and Harrison Ford, others were quick to spot what is being described as some seriously bad photo editing.
In the photo, shot by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz, it seems Reese Witherspoon has accidentally been given a third leg -- you can see one through the slit in her gown, then two that are crossed to the left. And to make matters even stranger, there's a behind-the-scenes shot in Vanity Fair's article that shows Oprah Winfrey with three hands.
Luckily, the powerhouse duo have taken the editing fail in their stride and simply waved off the incident. (Sorry, we'll stop now).
Taking to Twitter, Reece wrote: "Well ... I guess everybody knows now ... I have 3 legs. I hope you can still accept me for who I am ..."
Oprah was quick to play along with the joke, replying to her A Wrinkle In Time co-star: "I accept your 3rd leg. As I know you accept my 3rd hand."
Vanity Fair has since conceded that Oprah's extra hand was a mistake, but said the extra leg was simply the lining from inside Reece's dress.
"While we would have loved the exclusive on @RWitherspoon's three legs, unfortunately it's just the lining of her dress," the outlet wrote on Twitter.
"As for @Oprah, how can we expect her to juggle it all with just two hands? (We are correcting this error online.)"
There's a reason why the iconic publication may have overlooked the (blaring obvious!) errors.
Shortly after the cover's debut, multiple sources came forward to reveal James Franco — who was photographed for the cover and interviewed for the issue — was digitally scrubbed from the photograph at the last minute due to allegations of sexual misconduct that surfaced in the wake of his Golden Globe win for The Disaster Artist.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, a spokesperson for the outlet confirmed the chatter.
"We made a decision not to include Franco on the Hollywood cover once we learned of the misconduct allegations against him," the spokesman told the publication.
Five women have gone on record to accuse the actor of sexually inappropriate and exploitative behaviour, four of which are the Why Him? star's former acting students.
The women claim the actor "would always make everybody think there were possible roles on the table if we were to perform sexual acts or take off our shirts."
James has fiercely denied the claims.
During an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, he said: "I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I've done… The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn't have a voice for so long. So I don't want to shut them down in any way. It's, I think, a good thing, and I support it."
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am