It was an island extravaganza when Kiwi sporting icon Valerie Adams married her “eternal love” Gabriel Price with a Polynesian-flavoured wedding reception on Saturday, April 3.
After a ceremony at the Mormon temple in Hamilton, the bride and groom, who are both half Tongan, celebrated with friends and family at Auckland’s SkyCity, where they were wreathed with traditional kahoa teuteu garlands and also joined in on the Tongan tau’olunga wedding dance, which saw them showered with money.
Valerie and Gabriel, both 31, also received a surprise performance from Cook Islands dance troupe Anuanua to honour the groom’s Rarotongan-American father. “We’ve got a good mix of faces and colours,” the bride told us of her wedding reception. “It’s a big, colourful day.”
The couple’s full story and all the gorgeous wedding and reception pictures feature exclusively in this week’s issue of Woman’s Day.
“This is even more amazing than winning an Olympic gold medal,” the double Olympic gold medal-winning shot-put star tells us. “I feel like a taken woman, and I’m so excited and I’m ecstatic – there’s no other way to describe it.”
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021