It was an island extravaganza when Kiwi sporting icon Valerie Adams married her “eternal love” Gabriel Price with a Polynesian-flavoured wedding reception on Saturday, April 3.
After a ceremony at the Mormon temple in Hamilton, the bride and groom, who are both half Tongan, celebrated with friends and family at Auckland’s SkyCity, where they were wreathed with traditional kahoa teuteu garlands and also joined in on the Tongan tau’olunga wedding dance, which saw them showered with money.
Valerie and Gabriel, both 31, also received a surprise performance from Cook Islands dance troupe Anuanua to honour the groom’s Rarotongan-American father. “We’ve got a good mix of faces and colours,” the bride told us of her wedding reception. “It’s a big, colourful day.”
The couple’s full story and all the gorgeous wedding and reception pictures feature exclusively in this week’s issue of Woman’s Day.
“This is even more amazing than winning an Olympic gold medal,” the double Olympic gold medal-winning shot-put star tells us. “I feel like a taken woman, and I’m so excited and I’m ecstatic – there’s no other way to describe it.”
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019