Media darling Toni Street has got her groove back – and it shows!
Less than twelve months after being diagnosed with the life-threatening auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome, the Seven Sharp host finally has a fit bill of health – and Toni couldn’t be happier.
“This time last year, I was so sick, swollen and full of steroids that sometimes I felt like I was going insane,” reveals the 33-year-old. “But how different things are now – I feel so good. I feel like I’ve totally got my spark back.”
While she still has regular blood tests and trips to the specialists, gone are the days of mood swings, nausea and reeling steroid treatments for Toni, whose new show Spellbound also airs on TVNZ 1 this week.
Now the mum-of-two fills her time with the people who really matter – her husband Matt and their daughters Juliette, who turns four next week, and Mackenzie, 18 months.
Indeed, Toni’s favourite pastime is simply when she’s at home with the girls watching them interact.
“Most of the time, I’m just cracking up – they are so funny together.”
But if you think a debilitating health crisis might mean Toni would take a break from life in the fast lane, you’d be very wrong. As well as juggling her various TV roles and raising her wee girls, the effervescent blonde also takes part in a boot camp fitness class twice a week and loves to heading to the beach for a run – much to the worry of her hubby Matt.
“He is so caring – he’s constantly watching how much stress I’m under, whether it’s work or with the kid. He gives me big talkings-to all the time.”
For the full story with Toni, grab your copy of this week's Woman's Day
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am