Media darling Toni Street has got her groove back – and it shows!
Less than twelve months after being diagnosed with the life-threatening auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome, the Seven Sharp host finally has a fit bill of health – and Toni couldn’t be happier.
“This time last year, I was so sick, swollen and full of steroids that sometimes I felt like I was going insane,” reveals the 33-year-old. “But how different things are now – I feel so good. I feel like I’ve totally got my spark back.”
While she still has regular blood tests and trips to the specialists, gone are the days of mood swings, nausea and reeling steroid treatments for Toni, whose new show Spellbound also airs on TVNZ 1 this week.
Now the mum-of-two fills her time with the people who really matter – her husband Matt and their daughters Juliette, who turns four next week, and Mackenzie, 18 months.
Indeed, Toni’s favourite pastime is simply when she’s at home with the girls watching them interact.
“Most of the time, I’m just cracking up – they are so funny together.”
But if you think a debilitating health crisis might mean Toni would take a break from life in the fast lane, you’d be very wrong. As well as juggling her various TV roles and raising her wee girls, the effervescent blonde also takes part in a boot camp fitness class twice a week and loves to heading to the beach for a run – much to the worry of her hubby Matt.
“He is so caring – he’s constantly watching how much stress I’m under, whether it’s work or with the kid. He gives me big talkings-to all the time.”
For the full story with Toni, grab your copy of this week's Woman's Day
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019