Happy anniversary to our favourite TV personality Toni Street and her husband Matt France who are celebrating 8 years of marriage.
Toni posted this adorable photo to Instagram of their wedding day with the caption:
'8 years married, 15 years together, 2 little cherubs, Happy Anniversary @mjfrance09 love you heaps x p.s you NAILED the roses 💕'
In a romantic gesture, Matt had the roses delivered to TVNZ, with one of her colleagues thinking they were for her!
“Haha I saw those roses in the mailroom and thought maybe they were for me (it’s our anniversary today too)... but no haha x ” her friend commented.
The pair married in their home province of Taranaki in 2009. At the time Toni was a sports reporter for TVNZ in Auckland and Matt was a professional rugby player for North Harbour.
They became engaged two years earlier when Matt proposed to her during a picnic at her parents' farm.
"He had written me a poem and at the end it said will you marry me."
Her dress was made by celebrity wedding dress designer Jane Yeh.
Toni, who won the Woman’s Day Television Personality of the Year at last week’s TV awards said she “loved every minute of the whole wedding process.”
The pair have two children – 5-year-old Juliette and 2-year-old Mackenzie.
The Seven Sharp presenter recently told Next magazine “I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want another baby.”
“I’d be pregnant right now if I could.”
However health matters have complicated the process. Toni has been battling the life-threatening autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome, but has recently gone into remission.
Any she has plenty more to be thankful for. She praised her “amazing New Age” husband Matt earlier this year for putting her career ahead of his own. Matt turned down a full time job to work part time from home so that Toni could take on her morning radio presenting role on The Hits.
"I’m so lucky Matt doesn’t have an ego and isn’t worried about his wife working more than he is" She told Woman's Day. "He actually enjoys being home with the family.”
Looks like these two have worked out the secret to a happy marriage!
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayToday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveToday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveToday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveToday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019