Toni Street has revealed that she is battling a liver injury after suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics.
Street took to Instagram on Mother's Day to reveal the news along with an alarming photo showing how the whites of her eyes had turned yellow.
"It's a special Mother's Day at our house," she wrote. "My Mum has had to live with us for the last month as I've barely been able to leave the house with a liver injury after a severe reaction to an antibiotic."
"4 weeks off work and unlikely to be back this week either. Mum has had to look after my kids, cook, clean and take me to and from hospital. We are celebrating today as I've finally turned a corner and am grateful for my Mum like never before."
Toni has battled in the past with the autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome.
In an interview with Woman's Day in 2015 she revealed that at it's worst, she was in the early stages of organ failure and facing the terrifying prospect she could die from the disease.
The 34-year-old went into remission last year and in February this year, she announced she and her husband Matt France were expecting a baby via surrogate.
The disease meant she couldn't carry another child (Toni and Matt are already parents to daughters Juliette, 5 and MacKenzie, 3), so her childhood friend Sophie Braggins offered to carry the child for them. Their baby boy is due in August.
"We're incredibly blessed to have my childhood friend Sophie Braggins carry our precious bundle for us, and to have the unwavering support of her husband Michael," Toni wrote on Instagram. "My battle with the auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss means I can't carry another baby myself, so we're extremely lucky to have such a special and selfless friend offer to be a surrogate for us."
Wishing Toni a very speedy recovery.
- Married at First SightMeet the brides and grooms vying for love on Married At First Sight 2022
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveal the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022