Toni Street has revealed that she is battling a liver injury after suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics.
Street took to Instagram on Mother's Day to reveal the news along with an alarming photo showing how the whites of her eyes had turned yellow.
"It's a special Mother's Day at our house," she wrote. "My Mum has had to live with us for the last month as I've barely been able to leave the house with a liver injury after a severe reaction to an antibiotic."
"4 weeks off work and unlikely to be back this week either. Mum has had to look after my kids, cook, clean and take me to and from hospital. We are celebrating today as I've finally turned a corner and am grateful for my Mum like never before."
Toni has battled in the past with the autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome.
In an interview with Woman's Day in 2015 she revealed that at it's worst, she was in the early stages of organ failure and facing the terrifying prospect she could die from the disease.
The 34-year-old went into remission last year and in February this year, she announced she and her husband Matt France were expecting a baby via surrogate.
The disease meant she couldn't carry another child (Toni and Matt are already parents to daughters Juliette, 5 and MacKenzie, 3), so her childhood friend Sophie Braggins offered to carry the child for them. Their baby boy is due in August.
"We're incredibly blessed to have my childhood friend Sophie Braggins carry our precious bundle for us, and to have the unwavering support of her husband Michael," Toni wrote on Instagram. "My battle with the auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss means I can't carry another baby myself, so we're extremely lucky to have such a special and selfless friend offer to be a surrogate for us."
Wishing Toni a very speedy recovery.
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019