Toni Street has revealed that she is battling a liver injury after suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics.
Street took to Instagram on Mother's Day to reveal the news along with an alarming photo showing how the whites of her eyes had turned yellow.
"It's a special Mother's Day at our house," she wrote. "My Mum has had to live with us for the last month as I've barely been able to leave the house with a liver injury after a severe reaction to an antibiotic."
"4 weeks off work and unlikely to be back this week either. Mum has had to look after my kids, cook, clean and take me to and from hospital. We are celebrating today as I've finally turned a corner and am grateful for my Mum like never before."
Toni has battled in the past with the autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome.
In an interview with Woman's Day in 2015 she revealed that at it's worst, she was in the early stages of organ failure and facing the terrifying prospect she could die from the disease.
The 34-year-old went into remission last year and in February this year, she announced she and her husband Matt France were expecting a baby via surrogate.
The disease meant she couldn't carry another child (Toni and Matt are already parents to daughters Juliette, 5 and MacKenzie, 3), so her childhood friend Sophie Braggins offered to carry the child for them. Their baby boy is due in August.
"We're incredibly blessed to have my childhood friend Sophie Braggins carry our precious bundle for us, and to have the unwavering support of her husband Michael," Toni wrote on Instagram. "My battle with the auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss means I can't carry another baby myself, so we're extremely lucky to have such a special and selfless friend offer to be a surrogate for us."
Wishing Toni a very speedy recovery.
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019