Toni Street has revealed that she is battling a liver injury after suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics.
Street took to Instagram on Mother's Day to reveal the news along with an alarming photo showing how the whites of her eyes had turned yellow.
"It's a special Mother's Day at our house," she wrote. "My Mum has had to live with us for the last month as I've barely been able to leave the house with a liver injury after a severe reaction to an antibiotic."
"4 weeks off work and unlikely to be back this week either. Mum has had to look after my kids, cook, clean and take me to and from hospital. We are celebrating today as I've finally turned a corner and am grateful for my Mum like never before."
Toni has battled in the past with the autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome.
In an interview with Woman's Day in 2015 she revealed that at it's worst, she was in the early stages of organ failure and facing the terrifying prospect she could die from the disease.
The 34-year-old went into remission last year and in February this year, she announced she and her husband Matt France were expecting a baby via surrogate.
The disease meant she couldn't carry another child (Toni and Matt are already parents to daughters Juliette, 5 and MacKenzie, 3), so her childhood friend Sophie Braggins offered to carry the child for them. Their baby boy is due in August.
"We're incredibly blessed to have my childhood friend Sophie Braggins carry our precious bundle for us, and to have the unwavering support of her husband Michael," Toni wrote on Instagram. "My battle with the auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss means I can't carry another baby myself, so we're extremely lucky to have such a special and selfless friend offer to be a surrogate for us."
Wishing Toni a very speedy recovery.
- RoyalsPrince Charles is out of self-isolation after recovering from Covid-19
Now To LoveToday 10:50am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry share their final Instagram post as working royals
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- RelationshipsJennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox celebrate 25 years of friendship
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyThe Breeze's Robert Scott: We've downsized and sold our family home to become apartment dwellers
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Richie Boyens wins Lily McManus' heart
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina explains her shock decision to leave the show alone
Now To LoveYesterday 7:52pm
- Pregnancy & BirthRonan and Storm Keating have welcomed a baby daughter
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- TVBored already? Here are five ways the men passed the time in the Bachelorette mansion
Now To LoveYesterday 1:25pm
- RoyalsThe Sussexes have responded to President Trump’s refusal to foot the bill for their security
Now To LoveYesterday 1:15pm
- BodyDoctors and vets answer your questions on Covid-19, living in a bubble and sanitisation
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have hired the head of their new non-profit organisation
Now To LoveYesterday 11:20am
- FitnessSam Hayes' adorable exercise buddy will melt your heart
Now To LoveYesterday 9:26am
- CompetitionsWin an Essence of Humanity skincare pack thanks to Countdown!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina dumps Logan... so does that mean Aaron gets the final rose?
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020
- FamilyParenting through Covid-19: 50 things to do with your kids during lockdown
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020