Toni Street has revealed that she is battling a liver injury after suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics.
Street took to Instagram on Mother's Day to reveal the news along with an alarming photo showing how the whites of her eyes had turned yellow.
"It's a special Mother's Day at our house," she wrote. "My Mum has had to live with us for the last month as I've barely been able to leave the house with a liver injury after a severe reaction to an antibiotic."
"4 weeks off work and unlikely to be back this week either. Mum has had to look after my kids, cook, clean and take me to and from hospital. We are celebrating today as I've finally turned a corner and am grateful for my Mum like never before."
Toni has battled in the past with the autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome.
In an interview with Woman's Day in 2015 she revealed that at it's worst, she was in the early stages of organ failure and facing the terrifying prospect she could die from the disease.
The 34-year-old went into remission last year and in February this year, she announced she and her husband Matt France were expecting a baby via surrogate.
The disease meant she couldn't carry another child (Toni and Matt are already parents to daughters Juliette, 5 and MacKenzie, 3), so her childhood friend Sophie Braggins offered to carry the child for them. Their baby boy is due in August.
"We're incredibly blessed to have my childhood friend Sophie Braggins carry our precious bundle for us, and to have the unwavering support of her husband Michael," Toni wrote on Instagram. "My battle with the auto-immune disease Churg-Strauss means I can't carry another baby myself, so we're extremely lucky to have such a special and selfless friend offer to be a surrogate for us."
Wishing Toni a very speedy recovery.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021