Tom Cruise has always opted to keep the details of his 2012 split from Katie Holmes private, despite living a life in the public spotlight.
But on Monday, the actor made a rare comment about his youngest offspring’s acting aspirations while speaking with the Sydney Morning Herald on the red carpet of his new film - The Mummy.
When asked if he thought his young daughter, Suri Cruise, might have been bitten by the acting bug like her famous parents, he responded: "You never know, you never know."
The 54-year-old then quickly turned the subject back onto himself, saying: "For me, I just love making movies. I have been doing it my whole life. I am shooting Mission Impossible right now.”
"I just left from France to be here today and while I was doing it, I was in post production on another film, one I have coming out in August called American Made and I am also prepping two other films, it's just what I do," he told the publication.
We see what you did there!
Suri, now 11, made headlines last year after she was reportedly caught making secret phone calls to her dad.
At the time a source revealed to Star magazine that, “Suri has been talking to Tom behind Katie’s back. He looks forward to her texts.”
Suri is reportedly not allowed to speak to her father publicly because of his position in the Scientology community.
The source added that “Katie is very concerned about Suri being brainwashed; that’s why she wanted to monitor every conversation.”
WATCH: Katie Holmes speaks about her young daughter. Post continues...
“She’s well aware of how powerful Scientology is, and she doesn’t want Tom luring Suri away from her. It’s a constant fear.”
The source added: “It’s not surprising that Suri is confused by the lack of communication between her parents.”
“She’s growing up, asking more questions and it’s becoming harder to shield her from the whispers. She wants to speak to her dad.”
While her relationship with her father remains the subject of much intrigue, in 2008 Tom proudly told Oprah that Suri was the centre of his universe.
It's unknown when Tom and Suri last saw each other.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019