With the finale of season two of Westside screening tonight, the show’s creators say they’re now looking to introduce viewers to feisty new Cheryl West in the show’s third season.
Westside is a spin-off show, based on the hugely successful Outrageous Fortune. The prequel, set two decades earlier, is based on the lives of characters Ted and Rita West, their mates, and their loose associations with various criminal types along the way.
With filming of the new season set to start in October, series creator and writer James Griffin told Spy bringing in Cheryl’s character was a natural progression to the storyline.
“The thing with Westside is there are certain timelines and storylines that are predetermined thanks to Outrageous Fortune.
“The story of young Wolf meeting young Cheryl is one of these things,” he told Spy.
The role of the formidable matriarch, played to perfection by Robyn Malcolm, has set a pretty high bench mark for those who aspire to walk in the character’s open-toed stiletto heels.
While no one has been confirmed for the role as yet, Spy has hinted at some possible contenders. Actress Siobhan Marshall, who played Cheryl’s daughter, Pascalle, in the original series, and Kimberley Crossman.
Currently based in the US, Kimberley told Spy, “It would be very funny to play her”.
Former Go Girls actress, Anna Hutchison, who is also based in the US right now, is also being considered for the role.
“I’m intrigued to see her early relationship with Wolf,” Anna told Spy, “how she handled being a young mum, how she became so street-smart and strong and seethe moment she reached for her first piece of leopard and leather”.
Check out Westside's Antonia Prebble's behind the scenes exclusive for Woman's Day
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019