After four years of playing nurse Vasa Levi on Shortland Street, Samoan actress Teuila Blakely got a brand-new look after leaving the TV2 show in June. She's chopped her hair short and is loving the new 'do she's now sporting.
"I had Vasa's hairstyles for four years. After Shorty, I wanted to do something that was entirely me," the stunning actress says, beaming from ear to ear.
This summer is the perfect time for Teuila to show off her new look while relaxing in Auckland. And although the mother-of-one feels a strong connection to our Kiwi summers, it's an island far, far away that holds a special place in her heart.
"Hawaii was the first island I ever visited," she says. "My grandmother lived there for many years and is buried there. It will always be my favourite place."
In terms of her body image, Teuila readily admits that she would rather swim naked than wear a swimsuit, admitting, "It's far more comfortable."
She's not entirely certain where this inherent confidence is drawn from, though, and confesses she has a hard time pinpointing a single female icon as her role model. "There are good role models everywhere. Women should pick those who inspire them personally."
It's unneccesary, Teuila believes, to spend time worrying about one's physical appearance. She follows this simple mantra: "Life is too short to have anything other than a positive body image!"
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019