Kiwi star Teuila Blakely, and her former fiance, actor Oscar Kightley, might not be getting back together anytime soon, but the pair is planning on sharing a home.
Blakely, 42, and Kightley, 47, who may have once considered buying a house as a married couple, are now opting to purchase a property jointly as an investment.
The actress, who is currently starring in season three of local drama Filthy Rich, told Spy she doesn’t hold that much stock in relationships and thinks taking the plunge with a pal to buy a home could be a better way.
“It’s a far easier option than doing it on your own – and a far safer bet than doing it with a partner!”
Recently, the New Zealand-born Samoan star spoke out about striking forth and leaving behind aspects of her past that have dogged her.
In a revealing interview with Canvas, Blakely said she had made a strident effort to put the fallout from the 2014 sex tape scandal with former Warriors player Konrad Hurrell behind her.
“As a woman, at some point, you have to fall in love with who the f--- you are and how the f--- you are. In every single way.”
The solo mother to 21-year-old Jared said a core group of women had helped her develop an increasingly strong sense of self.
She credited them with being as close to her as her family, and for always being there to “hug you and tell you are a beautiful and amazing and worthy and to never give up.”
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019