Singer Adele has cleaned up at the Brits awards once again.
Adele has been dubbed critic’s choice after winning a whopping four awards at the Brits this week.
Winning accolades for best British female solo artist, best album, best British single and the global success award, Adele seemed over the moon about her wins.
The 27-year-old was overcome with emotion when she accepted her third win of the evening, telling the crowd: “I bet you are f**ng bored of me”.
“I said it earlier, but to come back… I got really lost for a while. I didn’t know if I’d ever come back and for you all to be so kind to me,” the star said through tears.
“Not bad for a girl from Tottenham who don’t like flying.”
The star also thanked her young family – boyfriend Simon and her baby son, saying: “I also want to give a massive thank you to my boyfriend, sorry I'm going to embarrass you.
“I'm so lucky to have you support me as you do. Thank you for my lovely son, who is the love of my life. This is for you peanut!”
She also took the opportunity to publicly support fellow Sony artist Kesha – who is campaigning to sever her ties with her Producer Dr Luke, who she claims raped her when she was 18.
Adele took a three year hiatus from the music scene in 2012, returning last year, much to the happiness of her millions of fans worldwide.
Her emotional comeback was not the only highlight of the show.
Kiwi singer Lorde was also made a surprise appearance at the London award ceremony, taking to the stage to deliver a David Bowie tribute which was lauded by the press – and Bowie’s son, Duncan Jones who called the performance of Life on Mars “just…beautiful”.
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am