Thrust into the spotlight as one half of singing sensation The Chicks when she was just a young teenager, Suzanne Lynch quickly became used to living life in the public eye.
But with her exuberance and confidence, Suzanne was born an entertainer and relishes being in the limelight. Fortunately, her positivity extends to how she views her body, which, she says, she's always had a healthy, happy relationship with.
"I think my attitude towards my body has always been good, really," she admits. "I've never put pressure on myself. I like to look as good as I can – my occupation does have an impact on me to a degree, because you need to look good when you're in the public eye. But I've always loved my body.
"It may need a little work right now – it's been a long winter! Has anyone seen my waistline?" she laughs. "I've been walking Takapuna beach for weeks trying to find it!"
Suzanne's not a fan of fad diets, prefering to enjoy treats in moderation. "When I was younger, I could eat anything and not put on weight, so I never really thought about it! I just make sure I don't eat too many carbs these days."
Plastic surgery and Botox simply aren't for her. "I prefer to grow old gracefully," she says. "I'm not brave enough for plastic surgery anyway – I've seen too many bad results!"
The mother-of-two is now a little less eager to get into her togs than she was as a teenager. "I used to live in my bikini all summer when I was a little younger. These days, I wear a one-piece. Although, at times, I'm afraid to wear it, depending on the situation!"
But she'll never say no to being whisked away to a tropical island to unwind by the pool, preferably in her favourite destination – Fiji. "It's always a great time – warm weather, smiling faces and a swimming pool. Bliss!"
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019