Kiwi pop star Stan Walker has been forced to postpone his upcoming New Zealand tour, after his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Australian Idol winner and former The X Factor judge shared the news with his fans on Instagram, posting a snap of him and his mum accompanied by the caption:
“Whanau & friends…It is with sadness I need to postpone my tour. I need to be with my Mum whilst she goes through & recovers from breast cancer. All we need as a family is your love and prayers. Stan.”
The 25-year-old’s record label also released an official statement confirming the cancellation of the tour.
"He hopes fans understand the importance of him dedicating this time to his family," the statement reads. “Stan also wants to thank his fans and the media for respecting the privacy of him and his family at this time."
Walker had a November tour booked in New Zealand, including dates in Dunedin and Auckland. Fans have been advised they can obtain a full refund at the point of purchase.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019