Melanie Chisholm, also known as Sporty Spice, has opened up about why she said no to the Spice Girls reunion tour.
"Unfortunately something didn't feel quite right and I had to follow my gut," she said.
In an essay for fashion magazine Love, the 42-year-old explained why she doesn’t want to re-join three of her former girl group members Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell and Melanie Brown, without Victoria Beckham.
"Truth be told, earlier this year after several face-to-face meetings with the girls I made the difficult decision not to be part of a proposed reunion with Emma, Geri and Melanie.
“Victoria had already bowed out understandably with the demands of her fashion label and her rather large family."
Melanie went on to explain that the pressure from fans to reform the band is “exhausting.”
"The fascination with the band never seems to go away. It's a blessing and a curse all at the same time. Daily I'm asked 'are the girls getting back together?' Then it's When? How? Why?," she confessed.
"When we reunited in 2007 the questions stopped momentarily. We had done it - the fans were happy and we were happy. But the minute that tour ended it started again."
Melanie has revealed that she is uninterested in a reunion tour, unless Victoria Beckham is also on board.
"For me the absolute pinnacle of my Spice existence was being watched by a billion people around the globe belting out Spice up Your Life on top of a black cab at the 2012 London Olympics. Anything less than the full line-up just didn't feel like we'd be doing justice to the band or the fans."
Scary, Ginger and Baby Spice (Melanie Brown, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton) continue to promote their interest in a tour, and recently have been posting social media updates of their hang outs.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019