Melanie Chisholm, also known as Sporty Spice, has opened up about why she said no to the Spice Girls reunion tour.
"Unfortunately something didn't feel quite right and I had to follow my gut," she said.
In an essay for fashion magazine Love, the 42-year-old explained why she doesn’t want to re-join three of her former girl group members Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell and Melanie Brown, without Victoria Beckham.
"Truth be told, earlier this year after several face-to-face meetings with the girls I made the difficult decision not to be part of a proposed reunion with Emma, Geri and Melanie.
“Victoria had already bowed out understandably with the demands of her fashion label and her rather large family."
Melanie went on to explain that the pressure from fans to reform the band is “exhausting.”
"The fascination with the band never seems to go away. It's a blessing and a curse all at the same time. Daily I'm asked 'are the girls getting back together?' Then it's When? How? Why?," she confessed.
"When we reunited in 2007 the questions stopped momentarily. We had done it - the fans were happy and we were happy. But the minute that tour ended it started again."
Melanie has revealed that she is uninterested in a reunion tour, unless Victoria Beckham is also on board.
"For me the absolute pinnacle of my Spice existence was being watched by a billion people around the globe belting out Spice up Your Life on top of a black cab at the 2012 London Olympics. Anything less than the full line-up just didn't feel like we'd be doing justice to the band or the fans."
Scary, Ginger and Baby Spice (Melanie Brown, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton) continue to promote their interest in a tour, and recently have been posting social media updates of their hang outs.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019