He was one of our favourites on the Australian version of Married at First Sight. And now it seems that Ryan Gallagher might just have found his happily ever after with Love Island Australia host Sophie Monk.
According to industry insiders, the reality babes, who each failed to find love on TV, started seeing each other more than a month ago, and it was basically love at first sight.
Ryan split with his on-screen 'wife' Davina Rankin after she was caught up in a cheating scandal with Dean Wells. Former Bardot singer Sophie, on the other hand, recently starred in the Australian version of The Bachelorette.
With Sophie, 38, in Mallorca, Spain while Love Island films, the new couple have been making it work long distance until the TV personality comes home in about three weeks time.
"They're talking everyday on the phone for, like, five hours," the insider dished to NW magazine. "They're seriously smitten with each other."
In fact, things are said to be so serious between the pair that Ryan, 30, has already got the seal of approval from Sophie's sister Lucy!
"They're following each other on Instagram and she thinks he's perfect for Soph," the source adds. "Lucy has always wanted Soph to find what she has – a devoted partner to have children with – and she thinks that Ry could be that bloke!"
And despite the age gap between the pair, "no-one's batting an eyelid at it because they're just so compatible."
This is said to be a dream come true for Ry, who's long held a torch for the bombshell blonde.
"I like a full-on plain girl who walks around in her trackies and is a bit of a bogan, like Sophie Monk," Ry gushed to NW magazine back in December.
"Sophie's just got the personality that I love – you know, [the type] who just wants to do stuff with me and likes the stuff that I want to do. My best mate and a relationship, I love that."
If it does work out between the pair, we could expect to see some rugrats in the future, as Soph's already revealed plans to freeze her eggs when she returns Down Under.
"It's all booked in. So, I go to Spain to do Love Island and then I'm going to do a travel special with [best friend] Oscar [Gordon] in Italy, then fly straight back and freeze them," the 38-year-old recently revealed to good friend Jackie O.
And Ry is so on board.
"I can't wait – I...love kids," he gushes. "I want between four and six."
But wait - since these reports first emerged, Ryan has issued a denial of sorts. He took to social media to say the pair were just friends.
"We are just friends. Soph is an 11/10 and I am a solid 2/10 on a good day," he said. "Those numbers don't work."
But is it a case of 'he who doth protest too much?' It wouldn't be the first time the 'just friends' line has been used to throw people off the scent. Only time will tell, but we can't wait to find out what's really going on! They do make a cute couple.
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019