She plays Kiwi cougar Cara, a 39-year-old mum who falls for 25-year-old Dave, on the hit TV2 comedy Step Dave. But last week, Sia Trokenheim and co-star Jono Kenyon came face-to-face with a host of wild animals when they played zoo keepers for a day at Auckland Zoo. Helping clean enclosures and feed the animals, the duo also got a chance to be hands on, petting Galápagos tortoises and cheetahs.
For Sia, the highlight of the day came as a surprise – giving a tortoise a massage! "I’ve never seen the fascination, but getting up close and being able to touch one was incredible," she says. "I gave him a little scrub on his back and you could see he really enjoyed it!"
With filming now wrapped for the first series, the duo are eagerly awaiting news as to whether a second season will be made. But in the meantime, Sia is looking forward to some downtime with her 20-month-old son.
"Trying to balance work and home life has been very stressful at times. I feel like I’ve missed out on five months of my son’s development!"
Photographs by: Stephanie Creagh
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019