Shortland Street star Ben Barrington and his makeup artist partner, Kristie Fergus, have announced that they are expecting their first child – and it’s a girl!
Spy reports the pair shared their happy news on Facebook yesterday.
“So even though it’s not really the world’s biggest secret, we are super excited to finally announce that we will be welcoming a baby girl into our lives at the beginning of June,” Kristie wrote.
Meanwhile, Ben joked: “Here’s why I’ve been working on my dad bod for the last five years. We’re having a girl.”
The loved-up pair live together in Titirangi with Kristie’s son Olly, 13, from a previous relationship. When we interviewed Ben earlier this year, it was clear the actor already had babies on the brain as he revealed he and Kristie were already planning on expanding their little family!
“Kristie and I have even talked about having children. She’s a wonderful woman and things just keep getting better,” he told Woman’s Day at the time.
The couple first met in 2013, when they both happened to be out at the same Auckland bar. Ben says he was instantly “mesmerised” by his gorgeous partner’s “beautiful, big brown eyes” – and for her part, Kristie reveals the two had immediate chemistry.
“We partied on well into the night and Ben even offered to give me a foot massage,” she told us.
“It was so nice and I remember thinking, ‘This guy is definitely a keeper!’”
Congratulations to the couple on their baby joy!
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am