Shortland Street star Ben Barrington and his makeup artist partner, Kristie Fergus, have announced that they are expecting their first child – and it’s a girl!
Spy reports the pair shared their happy news on Facebook yesterday.
“So even though it’s not really the world’s biggest secret, we are super excited to finally announce that we will be welcoming a baby girl into our lives at the beginning of June,” Kristie wrote.
Meanwhile, Ben joked: “Here’s why I’ve been working on my dad bod for the last five years. We’re having a girl.”
The loved-up pair live together in Titirangi with Kristie’s son Olly, 13, from a previous relationship. When we interviewed Ben earlier this year, it was clear the actor already had babies on the brain as he revealed he and Kristie were already planning on expanding their little family!
“Kristie and I have even talked about having children. She’s a wonderful woman and things just keep getting better,” he told Woman’s Day at the time.
The couple first met in 2013, when they both happened to be out at the same Auckland bar. Ben says he was instantly “mesmerised” by his gorgeous partner’s “beautiful, big brown eyes” – and for her part, Kristie reveals the two had immediate chemistry.
“We partied on well into the night and Ben even offered to give me a foot massage,” she told us.
“It was so nice and I remember thinking, ‘This guy is definitely a keeper!’”
Congratulations to the couple on their baby joy!
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020