Shortland Street actor Pua Magasiva says he is ‘sincerely sorry’ for driving while drunk.
The actor, who was caught behind the wheel while more than six times over the legal limit, appeared in North Shore District Court on Thursday.
The NZ Herald reported that he had 596 milligrams of alcohol per litre of blood in his system when he was stopped by police on October 31.
The legal limit is 80 milligrams of alcohol per litre of blood.
The 37-year-old, who is also a host on radio station Flava, issued a statement to the New Zealand Herald saying he was sorry for the episode.
"I fully own up to my mistake and accept the consequences of my actions.
"I am sincerely sorry for putting my family, especially my daughter and my employers and sponsors in this position.
"I know I have let them down. I am sincerely grateful for their support and thankful they have accepted my apologies."
Magasiva recently became engaged to his girlfriend Lizz Sadler.
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019