Former Shortland Street actor Pua Magasiva has died. Police confirm they were called to a sudden death at an address in the Wellington CBD on Saturday morning.
"There are no suspicious circumstances and the death will be referred to the coroner," a Police spokesman said.
The 38-year-old was best known for playing Vinnie Kruse on Shortland Street between 2003 and 2006 and then again between 2011 and 2018.
He leaves behind his wife of one year, Lizz Sadler, daughter Jasmine and stepdaughter Laylah.
As recently as last month, Pua and Lizz holidayed in Bali to celebrate their one year wedding anniversary.
His brother, fellow actor Robbie Magasiva, has reportedly flown to Wellington to be with family.
Tributes to the actor have been pouring in on social media.
Shortland Street producer Simon Bennett tweeted "Pua Magasiva was funny, caring and kind. Wonderful to work and play with. So sad for his family."
Actor Shane Cortese praised his friend and colleague: "My heart goes out to the Magasiva family and the extended television alumni who had the honour of seeing the glint in his eye and the sound of his hearty laugh close hand...RIP my friend."
Broadcaster and TV host Mike Puru said "Sending my love to his friends and family - he would always stop and say hello to anyone that would say hi to him - bloody good guy."
Melanie Bracewell, who worked with him at NZME when he co-hosted the Flava radio show in 2018, said "I'm so devastated to hear about Pua. When I worked at Hauraki, he would smile and wave at me every single morning through the window.
"A smile and wave every day for a year without fail. I'm truly heartbroken, thoughts with his close friends and family."
Where to get help
Lifeline: 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357
Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 / 0508 TAUTOKO (24/7). This is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are concerned about family or friends.
Depression Helpline: 0800 111 757 (24/7)
Youthline: 0800 376 633 (24/7) or free text 234 (8am-12am), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Up: online chat (7pm-10pm) or 0800 WHATSUP / 0800 9428 787 children's helpline (1pm-10pm weekdays, 3pm-10pm weekends)
Kidsline (ages 5-18): 0800 543 754 (24/7)
Rural Support Trust Helpline: 0800 787 254
Healthline: 0800 611 116
Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019