In her mission to be completely open and honest throughout her cancer battle, Charmed alumni Shannen Doherty has done exactly that, sharing a candid snapshot into her first day of radiation treatment.
On November 28, the 45-year-old posted a picture to Instagram of her in hospital, captioning it #RadiationMondaySucks.
Beside it, she also shared her fear of the treatment itself.
“I look like I'm about to make a run for it, which is accurate,” she says.
“Radiation is frightening to me. Something about not being able to see the laser, see the treatment and having this machine moving around you just scares me.”
“I'm sure I'll get used to it but right now.... I hate it.”
In March 2015, the actress revealed her diagnosis with breast cancer and, sadly, since then, the cancer has spread to her lymphatic system.
The unknown is always the scariest part," she told ET, as previously reported by [The Weekly]"Is the chemo going to work? Is the radiation going to work?”
“You know, am I going to have to go through this again, or am I going to get secondary cancer?”
“Everything else is manageable. Pain is manageable, you know living without a breast is manageable, it's the worry of your future and how your future is going to affect the people that you love."
- FitnessA full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveToday 2:40pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveToday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayYesterday 2:10pm
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019
- FamilyChristmas with Cordis Auckland: Four delicious ways to celebrate the festive season
Now To LoveNov 19, 2019
- FamilyTheir daughter's last words: Psychic's message to grieving parents
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019