Oprah was widely lauded for her powerful Golden Globes speech which spoke of a "new day on the horizon" for all women while she denounced sexual predators.
Shortly after, however, whispers of discontent trickled in as her close friendship with Harvey Weinstein came to light. The pair's professional relationship stretches back decades and it was widely understood they were good friends for decades.
Seal, 54, was a little louder than a discreet whisper, calling out the media mogul in an Instagram post and deeming her an example of "sanctimonious Hollywood".
He captioned the pic: "Oh I forgot, that's right ... you'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young starry-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad. #SanctimoniousHollywood."
At only 11 days in to 2018, it seems like we already have the most unlikely celeb feud of the year.
The singer was quickly confronted by angry followers on social media asking why his ex-wife didn't receive the same scrutiny.
Heidi Klum had a long professional relationship with Weinstein thanks to his company being an executive producer of her show, Project Runway.
"Sooooo, are you going to post Heidi's picture too being that she was friends with him as well ... Or is your outrage selective?" wrote one.
Others rejected the assertions a woman could be in any way responsible for the crimes of men.
Some followers congratulated The Voice judge for his controversial take and urged him not to back down.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019