Oprah was widely lauded for her powerful Golden Globes speech which spoke of a "new day on the horizon" for all women while she denounced sexual predators.
Shortly after, however, whispers of discontent trickled in as her close friendship with Harvey Weinstein came to light. The pair's professional relationship stretches back decades and it was widely understood they were good friends for decades.
Seal, 54, was a little louder than a discreet whisper, calling out the media mogul in an Instagram post and deeming her an example of "sanctimonious Hollywood".
He captioned the pic: "Oh I forgot, that's right ... you'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young starry-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad. #SanctimoniousHollywood."
At only 11 days in to 2018, it seems like we already have the most unlikely celeb feud of the year.
The singer was quickly confronted by angry followers on social media asking why his ex-wife didn't receive the same scrutiny.
Heidi Klum had a long professional relationship with Weinstein thanks to his company being an executive producer of her show, Project Runway.
"Sooooo, are you going to post Heidi's picture too being that she was friends with him as well ... Or is your outrage selective?" wrote one.
Others rejected the assertions a woman could be in any way responsible for the crimes of men.
Some followers congratulated The Voice judge for his controversial take and urged him not to back down.
- FitnessA full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveToday 2:40pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveToday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayYesterday 2:10pm
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019
- FamilyChristmas with Cordis Auckland: Four delicious ways to celebrate the festive season
Now To LoveNov 19, 2019
- FamilyTheir daughter's last words: Psychic's message to grieving parents
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019