She’s played Haley Dunphy on hit US sitcom Modern Family for nine years and her love life has been a recurring storyline – but actress Sarah Hyland has publicly revealed she believes her character is a bisexual.
The 26-year-old responded to fan theories on Thursday, with one Twitter user asking if it was true.
Sarah replied with: “I don’t know what the writers would say? But I confirm.”
She then went on to clarify that her opinions were her own, and the writers have not created that character arc as of yet.
“Just to clarify, I haven’t been told nor is there anything written that would indicate Haley is bisexual. That’s just my personal opinion,” she wrote.
Many fans were quick to jump on and show their support for her new claims.
One follower wrote: “Yay! Go Sarah! I’m bi and proud.”
Another commented: “Thank you so much, you’re a real sweetheart (this literally made my day).”
As reported by People, Haley has had nine boyfriends on the show, including, most recently, Andy (played by Adam DeVine).
Season nine is currently airing in the US and has 15 episodes to go – giving plenty of time for Haley to start dating other women.
The new season of Modern Family is on Three.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019