Samantha Hayes will replace Hilary Barry as Mike McRoberts' co-host of TV3's weeknight 6pm news bulletin.
Scroll down for video
The announcement puts speculation to rest, following the deaprture of Barry who resigned in April and presented her final Newshub and Paul Henry programmes on Friday.
Hayes is best known as the host of late-night news show, Newshub Late, and has previously worked on TV3's 3D and Nightline, as well as the channel's Australian correspondent.
She says she is thrilled with her new role.
"Hilary is leaving considerably big shoes to fill and I'm honoured to build on the trust she has helped create with Newshub," she said in a statement and on Instagram.
"I've been working with TV3 since I was 17 years old in many different roles, and now I'm looking forward to joining Mike, and bringing New Zealanders the news each night supported by the strength of the Newshub team."
"Samantha brings a wealth of experience across news and current affairs," MediaWorks's acting chief news officer Richard Sutherland says.
"Her considerable presenting talent and own unique style means she will be a fantastic co-host with Mike McRoberts weeknights at 6 o'clock."
Hayes will begin her new role on Monday.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021