The intensely private parents have kept their children out of the spotlight since their births but this was an occasion that couldn’t be missed.
On Thursday, Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. To celebrate, he and his wife Blake Lively decided it was only fitting to bring the whole family out to mark the momentous occasion.
The stunning couple were joined by their first daughter James, who is one day shy of her second birthday, and their newborn daughter, whose name is yet to be revealed.
In their first public appearance to date, the adorable family looked the picture of happiness!
Addressing the crowd, the 40-year-old honoured actor took the time to acknowledge his beautiful family.
He said, “I want to thank my wife, Blake, who is sitting right there, who is everything to me.”
Adding some humour to his speech, he continued, “You are the best thing, the best thing that has ever happened to me — second only to this star. …You make everything better, absolutely everything in my life better. You’ve made me the father of my dreams when I thought I only had fun uncle potential.”
By all the reports the children were well-behaved throughout the ceremony.
To the enjoyment of the crowd, at one stage the Shallows actress asked her daughter, James, to stand still for photos but the blonde-haired tot was far too distracted by a nearby microphone!
Following in her mother’s footsteps, James looked fashion-forward in a dinosaur-print jacket, polka dot shirt, tights and a pair of mini Converse.
The loved-up couple’s second daughter, who was born in September of this year, was cradled in the arms of her father, Ryan, for most of the occasion.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019