The intensely private parents have kept their children out of the spotlight since their births but this was an occasion that couldn’t be missed.
On Thursday, Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. To celebrate, he and his wife Blake Lively decided it was only fitting to bring the whole family out to mark the momentous occasion.
The stunning couple were joined by their first daughter James, who is one day shy of her second birthday, and their newborn daughter, whose name is yet to be revealed.
In their first public appearance to date, the adorable family looked the picture of happiness!
Addressing the crowd, the 40-year-old honoured actor took the time to acknowledge his beautiful family.
He said, “I want to thank my wife, Blake, who is sitting right there, who is everything to me.”
Adding some humour to his speech, he continued, “You are the best thing, the best thing that has ever happened to me — second only to this star. …You make everything better, absolutely everything in my life better. You’ve made me the father of my dreams when I thought I only had fun uncle potential.”
By all the reports the children were well-behaved throughout the ceremony.
To the enjoyment of the crowd, at one stage the Shallows actress asked her daughter, James, to stand still for photos but the blonde-haired tot was far too distracted by a nearby microphone!
Following in her mother’s footsteps, James looked fashion-forward in a dinosaur-print jacket, polka dot shirt, tights and a pair of mini Converse.
The loved-up couple’s second daughter, who was born in September of this year, was cradled in the arms of her father, Ryan, for most of the occasion.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020