US Rapper Azealia Banks has reportedly filed a battery charge against Russell Crowe after the actor forcibly removed her from a party in his LA hotel room.
The 25-year-old musician claims she was assaulted by the Oscar-winner on Sunday night but Crowe and other witnesses telling a very different account of what happened.
In a since deleted Facebook post, Banks said Crowe "called me a n----r, choked me, threw me out and spat at me" during a small get together actor's hotel room. But, as TMZ first reported, several eyewitness accounts claim that Banks became aggressive and threatened to use her glass to stab them.
The incident was supposedly sparked when Banks mocked Crowe's music choice and called his guests "boring white men".
One witness alleges that Banks said: "You would love it if I broke my glass, stabbed you guys in the throat, and blood would squirt everywhere like some real Tarantino s---."
Banks, who was a guest of hip hop star RZA, who cast Crowe in a film he wrote and directed called The Man With the Iron Fists, was then reportedly carried a “bear hug” out of party before security was called to remove her from the property.
“For the record, we're told ... even RZA says she used the n-word, not Russell,” reported TMZ.
While Crowe has not released any official statements he has taken to Twitter to retweet a link to the TMZ report.
Banks' manager Raymani says that the rapper maintains she was assaulted and "is tremendously distraught and disheartened."
In a tweet Raymani said she would "speak out on the incident once she has had time to process the brutality and abuse she was unjustly subjected to."
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019
- TVMatt Chisholm is leaving TVNZ to ''farm children, rocks and rabbits'' in Otago
Now To LoveSep 13, 2019