Robbie Williams has labelled one Wellington music critic a “baby eater” after he shared a negative review of the singer’s recent gig in the New Zealand capital.
Simon Sweetman, a reviewer for The Dominion Post, didn’t hold anything back in his write-up of Robbie’s Basin Reserve show on Saturday.
“The fact that Robbie Williams can barely aim anywhere near a high note, let alone hit one, is insulting,” he wrote in his review (published on Stuff).
“After the hits were drizzled out,” he went on, “it started to feel like a crawl to the 90-minute mark.”
Simon was also less than complimentary about Robbie’s decision to cover the Queen hit Bohemian Rhapsody.
“Watching his thin sketch of a voice being plastered over the original was a bit like seeing an upturned smile drawn onto the mouth of the Mona Lisa. With crayons,” he wrote.
Robbie, who’s known for his cheeky demeanour and candid responses, fired back by posting an image of Simon and his son on his Twitter.
“Simon Sweatman: Baby eater,” he wrote, tagging Simon’s blog name in the tweet as well.
Robbie's fans quickly came to his defence on Twitter, many of whom had been at the same concert.
"He clearly saw a different gig to me! As you rocked it," Marley Showler wrote.
"Ignore him. You were amazing," said Jude, tagging both Robbie and Simon in his tweet.
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am