Following his controversial jokes earlier this year about several members of the Spice Girls, Robbie Williams has broken his silence.
'I would like to apologise to all the Spice Girls involved and their husbands and boyfriends. I know a few husbands and boyfriends weren't too happy with the joke,' Robbie told Stellar magazine.
'When I've said something that hurts somebody, I feel really bad about it. It's unfair on the girls, we're all older now, we've all got children; the joke's not funny anymore.'
After making claims during a concert that he had slept with “four out of five” members of the girl band, the father of two has admitted he regrets what he said.
'I told a joke a long time ago. And it sort of got out of hand. You know 'Back for good' the Take That song, I used to sing that on stage,' Robbie said.
'I still do. On one particular tour before it I introduced it by saying ' I am very fortunate to have been in Take That and 4 out 5 of the Spice Girls.' That was my intro to the song and it was a joke and the joke went too far.'
Robbie’s wife Ayda Field recently added fuel to the fire when she confirmed that her husband had in fact slept with three of the Spice Girls.
Back in July, TV host Kaye Adams began by asking: 'Ayda, did Robbie 'know' the Spice Girls?'
Ayda replied, 'Yes he did,' before admitting he 'knew' Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton and Melanie C.
Later on in the episode, she was asked if Robbie also 'knew' Victoria Beckham, and she replied: 'Let's stop!'
The happily married 42-year-old told Stellar magazine he enjoyed a number of casual flings at the height of his fame, admitting: 'I had a good time with my dalliances.'
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019