Two contestants on The Bachelor Australia have fallen in love – but not the pair that were meant to.
Despite being there to as two of 25 female contestants there to make a match a lucky guy, two of the women starring in the show ended up forging a romance of their own.
Megan Marx and Tiffany James met on this year’s series of the Australian Bachelor, starring Richie Strahan, who was looking for the woman of his dreams.
But this weekend, Megan revealed that she and Tiffany had taken their friendship into “bolder” territory, and were in fact in love with one another.
In the honest post on her social media page, Megan joked: “I met Tiffany in a very strange situation. Well... we were kind of dating the same guy. And it was filmed and put on TV.”
“From that first cocktail party, it was like this instant calibration between souls, as if we had known each other once before. Friendship ripened into something bolder, trust in a very strange situation was formed, and now every adventure we have rivals the other- and continues to make plans for itself."
“Yesterday I flew this beautiful woman to The Abrolhos islands for her 30th birthday! I have to admit that I felt so so proud to be with her, my favourite person, celebrating such a momentous occasion on the water- a mutual love of ours."
Megan added that her curious other half inspires and encourages her to embrace the world with a new vigour, writing that she loves “people with such a wholesome love…I don’t know if I would ever be able to emulate it.”
The post accompanies a sun kissed picture of the blonde duo, as they take in the natural beauty of the Abrolhos Islands off the western coast of Australia.
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019