For the rich and famous, we almost expect their lives to be a continuous stream of star-studded parties, glamorous dinners and exclusive locations. And by the same token, we expect their romantic lives to follow suit, with love blossoming in the white washed villages of Santorini, on rooftop cocktail bars in New York, or on some private island owned by Richard Branson.
But as it turns out, Ricky Martin met his husband-to-be in a very ordinary, modern way indeed.
The Latin pop star met his fiancé, Jwan Yosef, on picture sharing app Instagram.
“I met my fiancé on Instagram,” Ricky revealed.
“I am an art collector and he’s an artist. I’m scrolling and I see this beautiful piece of art … I wrote to him,” Ricky told radio host Andy Cohen.
“And we were talking for, like, six months without me hearing his voice. We talked about art, nothing sexy. He used to live in London. I went to London and I met him.”
The rest is history, with the couple getting engaged in 2016, just months after starting to date officially.
Ricky has twin boys, Matteo and Valentino, that he had via a surrogate mother. In 2010, the star came out as gay, despite previously having relationships with women.
“I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am,” Martin wrote on his website.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2019