Shortland Street actor Pua Magasiva touched the lives of many. The husband, father, brother, son and friend made a big impact in his 38 years.
Born in Apia, Samoa, Pua's family moved to Wellington when he was two years old. One of six siblings - five brothers and a sister - it was his older brother, fellow actor Robbie Magasiva, who suggested Pua get into acting. And he was destined for fame, it seems.
"I always knew he'd end up doing this and have a high profile, his twin brother Tanu told the Woman's Weekly in 2015. "Pua is even more of an extrovert than Robbie. It's what he's been heading to all his life."
Pua shot to fame playing nurse Vinnie Kruse in Shortland Street in 2003. He starred in 451 episodes, leaving the show in 2006 but making his return in 2011 where he continued in the role until 2018.
That wasn't his first appearance in the soap, however. His first TV acting role was on Shortland Street in 1999 playing the character of Elvis Iosefa.
In 2003, the same year he landed his permanent role in Shortland Street, he won the lead role in Power Rangers: Ninja Storm. He also starred alongside his brother Robbie in the critically acclaimed 2006 film Sione's Wedding.
Pua was known for his kind nature and ready smile. In 2017 he made headlines when he helped pull a man from the burning wreckage of a car after a crash in Orewa. His heroic actions were praised by Police who said he and the other good Samaritans on the scene had "no doubt saved this man's life."
Pua has an 8-year-old daughter, Jasmine, from his marriage to his first wife Kourtney. He met his second wife Lizz Sadler on Instagram in 2016 and popped the question 10 months later in Queenstown during a romantic helicopter flight.
Pua and Lizz married in an emotional ceremony in April 2018. "People might say this has happened too fast," the actor said on his wedding day, "but when love hits you with this intensity, you don't want to spend a second apart."
Pua's family have asked for privacy at this tragic time. They want to "acknowledge the public outpouring of love for Pua and to thank all those who've expressed their condolences and offered their support."
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019