It has been over a month since Gemma and Richie McCaw announced their pregnancy and it won't surprise you to learn that the couple have been receiving congratulations from all over New Zealand. But one special note that Gemma revealed on her Instagram particularly stood out.
The note was from an elderly woman that Gemma met years ago in the changing rooms of Auckland's Millennium gym. The note was not only a heartfelt tribute to Gemma and Richie, but a beautiful comparison of their relationship to the 84-year-old writer's own long and happy relationship with her 93-year-old husband.
Gemma responded to the note in the caption of her Instagram. "When I moved to Christchurch, I often thought about this lovely lady and her beautiful outlook on life, hoping our paths would cross again. When I opened this card, I knew straight away who it was from and these are the moving words she shared," Gemma captioned the post.
Despite the age difference between Gemma and the writer of her note, the kinship between the two is evident.
"I admired her perspective on life and she loved swimming lengths 3 times a week, which she believed kept her mind sharp and body active." shares Gemma. "She said age shouldn't be a barrier and I couldn't have agreed more."
Ever the helpful wellness blogger, Gemma ends the post by saying how much the note meant to her and finally, a reminder to her followers that "we all need kindness in our lives."
Her only hashtag sums up the interaction perfectly: "#HeartFull"
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019