It has been over a month since Gemma and Richie McCaw announced their pregnancy and it won't surprise you to learn that the couple have been receiving congratulations from all over New Zealand. But one special note that Gemma revealed on her Instagram particularly stood out.
The note was from an elderly woman that Gemma met years ago in the changing rooms of Auckland's Millennium gym. The note was not only a heartfelt tribute to Gemma and Richie, but a beautiful comparison of their relationship to the 84-year-old writer's own long and happy relationship with her 93-year-old husband.
Gemma responded to the note in the caption of her Instagram. "When I moved to Christchurch, I often thought about this lovely lady and her beautiful outlook on life, hoping our paths would cross again. When I opened this card, I knew straight away who it was from and these are the moving words she shared," Gemma captioned the post.
Despite the age difference between Gemma and the writer of her note, the kinship between the two is evident.
"I admired her perspective on life and she loved swimming lengths 3 times a week, which she believed kept her mind sharp and body active." shares Gemma. "She said age shouldn't be a barrier and I couldn't have agreed more."
Ever the helpful wellness blogger, Gemma ends the post by saying how much the note meant to her and finally, a reminder to her followers that "we all need kindness in our lives."
Her only hashtag sums up the interaction perfectly: "#HeartFull"
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019