Pierce famously played the suave secret agent in GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day. While the current James Bond is played by Daniel Craig, many fans have suggested British actor Idris should be considered for the iconic part in the next set of films.
Even Amy Pascal, former chairman of Sony's Motion Pictures Group, reportedly revealed Idris as her personal choice for the role in one of her many leaked emails. Now even Pierce himself has weighed in on the debate!
During an interview with Radio Times, he was asked whether 42-year-old Idris would be a good fit for the role.
"Yeah, he would actually," Pierce replied, before also suggesting actor Colin Salmon as another potential choice.
Seems like Idris already has a former Bond's seal of approval - but what does he think about all the talk linking him to the film?
The Luther star posted a funny response to the rumours on Twitter in December - so it would seem he's not taking it too seriously!
If Idris were offered the role, he would be the first non-white actor to play the celebrated secret agent on-screen.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020