Pierce famously played the suave secret agent in GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day. While the current James Bond is played by Daniel Craig, many fans have suggested British actor Idris should be considered for the iconic part in the next set of films.
Even Amy Pascal, former chairman of Sony's Motion Pictures Group, reportedly revealed Idris as her personal choice for the role in one of her many leaked emails. Now even Pierce himself has weighed in on the debate!
During an interview with Radio Times, he was asked whether 42-year-old Idris would be a good fit for the role.
"Yeah, he would actually," Pierce replied, before also suggesting actor Colin Salmon as another potential choice.
Seems like Idris already has a former Bond's seal of approval - but what does he think about all the talk linking him to the film?
The Luther star posted a funny response to the rumours on Twitter in December - so it would seem he's not taking it too seriously!
If Idris were offered the role, he would be the first non-white actor to play the celebrated secret agent on-screen.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019