Can you believe Nicole Richie and Joel Madden have been married for over three years already?
The 32-year-old designer and mum of two discussed her family life and parenting style with Oprah Winfrey, revealing the easiest and hardest parts of being married to the Good Charlotte rocker.
Nicole says the lovebirds were "partners from day one", but knowing that both of their parents were divorced had a big influence.
"We both have had ups and downs with our parents and we don't really have a strong example of what a healthy family life is," Nicole told Oprah.
"But, we're recognizing that now, so let's work at it and let's go through this together as a team. It's been great. And I would say that's the easiest and hardest part."
As doting parents to six-year-old Harlow and four-year-old Sparrow, Nicole says there's always "room for improvement".
"My kids operate best when I let them have a voice," she said.
"I really explain things to them, because really, kids want to be told the truth. They just do. They just want you to be truthful."
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019