Unlike other Hollywood stars, most notably Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman won’t be speaking out about Donald Trump anytime soon.
In fact, the dual citizen of Australia and America believes people need to support him.
In a recent interview with BBC2, Nicole said the future of America depends on it.
“I just say, [Trump is] now elected, and we, as a country, need to support whoever’s the president because that’s what the country’s based on,” the 49-year-old actress said.
“Whatever, however that happened, he’s there and let’s go.”
However Nicole admitted she’s wary of voicing her political opinions.
“I’m always reticent to start commenting politically,” she said. “I’ve never done it in terms of America or Australia. I’m issue-based.”
Her views contradict many high-profile celebrities who’ve been using their fame to voice views on the controversial President-elect.
The star has since clarified her comments, after online backlash.
She told Access Hollywood her comments had much less to do with Trump as a person and much more to do with the concept of democracy in its entirety.
“I was trying to stress that I believe in democracy and the American Constitution, and it was that simple,” she said.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019