Nicole Kidman has revealed her worries about being an older mum, and living with the fear that she might not see her children thrive.
In a tell-all interview with CBS News, the Australian admitted that having two kids under the age of 10 was something of a concern as she approaches the big 5-0.
The 49-year-old actress has two young daughters with her second husband, Keith Urban, as well as two older children with ex Tom Cruise.
“I would just like to - and it makes me sad - I would just like to be here long enough to have my children grow up and for me to see them thriving. Right? So that's all I ask. And that my husband and I are with each other. Simple! Simple requests," she told reporter Tracy Smith.
Despite covering everything from her father’s death, to the breakdown of her marriage to Cruise, it was talking about her children that brought Nicole to tears.
No stranger to loss, Nicole had to say goodbye to her beloved father in 2014, when he died suddenly of a heart attack.
Asked how she carried on after, Nicole credited her husband, Keith Urban, with picking her up.
“Because I had a husband who came right back. I called him screaming and crying and he was about to go on stage and he walked off stage…he flew six hours to me.”
The Lion star also opened up about her divorce from Cruise in 2001, and how she channelled her rage into her role in The Hours.
Playing depressed author Virginia Woolf, Kidman said helped her realise that she could keep going.
“It kind of saved my life…it let me feel like it’s OK, I can keep going.”
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am