Sources who are connected to the couple have reportedly informed TMZ that Nick, 33, is worried about Mariah’s emotional state and mental health and the effect that it’s having on their two children – Moroccan and Monroe.
He is also concerned about the “toxic environment” around Mariah, 44 – specifically, that her staffers do not have her best interests at heart as they are simply out to make as much money off her as possible, and that it’s not a good environment for the kids to be living in.
According to TMZ, Nick has concerns that their living environment is already causing the twins, aged three, to show “signs of emotional upset”.
Last week Nick confirmed that he and Mariah have been living apart for months: "There is trouble in paradise...we have been living in separate houses for a few months," he told The Insider.
Now it appears he has been hoping to set up a separate “safe” environment away from Mariah to give the kids a “haven from the ‘chaos’ at her home”.
Nick is reportedly hoping to end things as peacefully as possible, instructing his lawyers to “take the path of least resistance,” in order that things remain amicable between the pair, for the sake of the kids.
The pair have been wed for six years, marrying in 2008, when they wed just one month after first getting together.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019