After pulling out of her fight with Mai FM DJ Lily Taurau, reality TV star Nazanin Khanjani has been given another shot at a televised boxing match.
Two months ago, The Bachelor New Zealand star was forced to withdraw from her much-anticipated fight with Lily after being diagnosed with a kidney infection
“Naz is still pretty angry with me for pulling her off the last card on doctor’s advice, and the fact I did not consult her on the matter,” said Craig Stanaway, spokesperson for fight promoter Duco Events.
“She keeps telling me she would’ve fought even though she was sick.”
“She’s pointed out to me that she’s felt a backlash from a number of ill-informed keyboard cowards out there who mistakenly believe she ducked that fight in July, which is obviously not the case,” he told the Herald
Naz will now be getting a second chance to fight, as she will reportedly be stepping into the ring on the undercard of Joseph Parker’s fight with Alexander Dimitrenko on October 1st in Auckland.
Her opponent is yet to be confirmed.
“Naz wants to shut those haters up, so we’ll give her that opportunity — and I’m pretty certain she’s going to unleash fury on October 1,” Mr Stanaway said.
The reality star’s new boyfriend, bodybuilder and stripper Craig Sutherland is reportedly helping Naz get in shape for the fight.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019