Naomi Watts has taken a moment to remember her former boyfriend, the late Heath Ledger on the 10th anniversary of his death.
Heath, who dated Naomi for two years between 2002 and 2004, sadly passed away on January 22, 2008, at the age of 28.
And now Naomi has paid tribute to her former flame.
Taking to Instagram, Naomi shared a stunning black and white photograph of the actor.
Alongside it, she penned this poignant message: "Thinking about this beautiful soul today," she began.
"10 years ago he left this world. He was a true original. Heart always on his sleeve, with the most powerful charisma, strength, humour and talent."
Adding, "I will never forget his gentle spirit. ❤️ "
Following the demise of their relationship, Heath moved on with Michelle Williams and Naomi started a family with Liev Schreiber.
Despite both finding love with others, Naomi has nothing but fond memories of her time with the Oscar winner.
"We had a beautiful relationship, only a couple of years, but he was a man who was completely full of joy, and there was a lot of laughing and affection," she recalled back in 2011.
"He was really a very special soul and made a great impact on my life."
"And a great actor, but I know there was so much more to come. And it's such a tragedy for his little daughter."
The Aussie legend is survived by his daughter 12-year-old Matilda Ledger, who he shared with ex Michelle Williams.
Michelle's best friend Busy Philipps also took a moment to remember her goddaughter's dad.
Watch the heartbreaking video in the player below.
Sharing an Instagram video story, the actress is seen crying in her car, as she listens to the song Time to Pretend by MGMT.
"I was just driving and I was thinking about my friend Heath who died 10 years ago and this song came on, Time to Pretend," she confessed.
"It came out after he passed away and I remember when it came out, because [I thought] it made me think of him. I just thought he would have liked this song. And for some reason, every time I hear this song… it's weird."
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019