Broadcaster Nadine Chalmers-Ross was the very picture of elegance when she wed her long-time love Dan Higgins in the Bay of Islands on March 25.
Under blue skies, the happy couple were married in a beachside ceremony in front of 110 guests by Shortland Street actress and celebrant Ria Vandervis.
Former Breakfast host Nadine, 31, wore a stunning full-length ivory gown, custom made by Jane Yeh, and her bridesmaids wore Art Deco style beaded dresses designed by Adrianna Papell. Husband Dan and his groomsmen – including Newstalk ZB radio host Mark Dye - wore blue suits from Topman. Their German Shepherd Rico was also part of the ceremony, and wore a little tux jacket too!
After terrible weather forecasts in the week leading up to the big day, Nadine was delighted to wake to a picture-perfect day for her nuptials. "We couldn't have hoped for a more perfect day for our wedding," she says.
Dan and Nadine met through friends – two of the groomsmen Mark Dye and Chris Henry – in 2011, and soon started dating. They became engaged in 2015, after Dan planned a romantic and elaborate proposal at their home in West Auckland.
When Nadine left TVNZ in September after eight years with Breakfast – a job she adored – she knew she had a wedding to look forward to and plan.
But Dan, who is general manager of a film production company, encouraged her to use some of her rare time off work to have a break, and she enjoyed a month in Europe. Nadine is currently freelancing in radio, print and MC work, and she and Dan are about to launch a food truck with friends.
But for now, they're still enjoying the newly found joy of wedded bliss. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Higgins!
- Food & DrinksRoast racks of venison with blueberry balsamic sauce
Now To LoveDec 03, 2021
- RoyalsPlaydates with Charlotte and a royal christening prove the Queen is on the mend
Now To LoveNov 29, 2021
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021