Broadcaster Nadine Chalmers-Ross was the very picture of elegance when she wed her long-time love Dan Higgins in the Bay of Islands on March 25.
Under blue skies, the happy couple were married in a beachside ceremony in front of 110 guests by Shortland Street actress and celebrant Ria Vandervis.
Former Breakfast host Nadine, 31, wore a stunning full-length ivory gown, custom made by Jane Yeh, and her bridesmaids wore Art Deco style beaded dresses designed by Adrianna Papell. Husband Dan and his groomsmen – including Newstalk ZB radio host Mark Dye - wore blue suits from Topman. Their German Shepherd Rico was also part of the ceremony, and wore a little tux jacket too!
After terrible weather forecasts in the week leading up to the big day, Nadine was delighted to wake to a picture-perfect day for her nuptials. "We couldn't have hoped for a more perfect day for our wedding," she says.
Dan and Nadine met through friends – two of the groomsmen Mark Dye and Chris Henry – in 2011, and soon started dating. They became engaged in 2015, after Dan planned a romantic and elaborate proposal at their home in West Auckland.
When Nadine left TVNZ in September after eight years with Breakfast – a job she adored – she knew she had a wedding to look forward to and plan.
But Dan, who is general manager of a film production company, encouraged her to use some of her rare time off work to have a break, and she enjoyed a month in Europe. Nadine is currently freelancing in radio, print and MC work, and she and Dan are about to launch a food truck with friends.
But for now, they're still enjoying the newly found joy of wedded bliss. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Higgins!
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019