Broadcaster Nadine Chalmers-Ross was the very picture of elegance when she wed her long-time love Dan Higgins in the Bay of Islands on March 25.
Under blue skies, the happy couple were married in a beachside ceremony in front of 110 guests by Shortland Street actress and celebrant Ria Vandervis.
Former Breakfast host Nadine, 31, wore a stunning full-length ivory gown, custom made by Jane Yeh, and her bridesmaids wore Art Deco style beaded dresses designed by Adrianna Papell. Husband Dan and his groomsmen – including Newstalk ZB radio host Mark Dye - wore blue suits from Topman. Their German Shepherd Rico was also part of the ceremony, and wore a little tux jacket too!
After terrible weather forecasts in the week leading up to the big day, Nadine was delighted to wake to a picture-perfect day for her nuptials. "We couldn't have hoped for a more perfect day for our wedding," she says.
Dan and Nadine met through friends – two of the groomsmen Mark Dye and Chris Henry – in 2011, and soon started dating. They became engaged in 2015, after Dan planned a romantic and elaborate proposal at their home in West Auckland.
When Nadine left TVNZ in September after eight years with Breakfast – a job she adored – she knew she had a wedding to look forward to and plan.
But Dan, who is general manager of a film production company, encouraged her to use some of her rare time off work to have a break, and she enjoyed a month in Europe. Nadine is currently freelancing in radio, print and MC work, and she and Dan are about to launch a food truck with friends.
But for now, they're still enjoying the newly found joy of wedded bliss. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Higgins!
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019