She’s won MasterChef, written bestselling cookbooks and launched the hit meal delivery company My Food Bag, and now Nadia Lim is ready to tackle her latest challenge: motherhood!
In this week’s Woman’s Day, the 29-year-old cooking queen reveals she and husband Carlos Bagrie are expecting their first child together.
The baby news came as something of a happy surprise for the busy couple, who are currently dividing their time between New Zealand and Australia as they expand My Food Bag overseas.
“I’m pretty calm and collected, but poor Carlos just sat there all night like a possum in the headlights,” Nadia says of the night her pregnancy test came back positive.
“He made me do a few more tests just to prove it.”
The pair are over the moon about adding to their family, and now that Nadia’s morning sickness is finally behind her, she can’t wait to share her baby joy. With the devastating loss of her dad Ken last year, the news couldn’t have come at a better time for Nadia and her family.
“We found out on August 6, which was two days before the first anniversary of my dad dying. It helps to think some things happen for a reason,” she reveals.
“It’s taken a while to get our heads around it because it happened so quickly,” she says, “but it’s exciting and really nice to have something positive for my family to focus on. It’s a blessing.”
Congratulatory messages have already started flooding in on Nadia's social media pages, with fans on Facebook gushing over the chef's big news on a post that has garnered over 10,000 likes.
"Congrats Nadia and husband ... about the best thing you've cooked thus far, lol," wrote Marcus Harris.
"Many congratulations to you both, Nadia and Carlos. You so richly deserve this life changing experience and I'm sure you will make awesome parents," added Ian Hall.
For the full story, see this week’s issue of Woman’s Day.
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019