It’s a boy for Nadia Lim and her hubby Carlos Bagrie! The MasterChef winner and cookbook queen welcomed her first child, Bodhi Bagrie, at 2.55 PM yesterday (April 12).
Nadia, 30, took to social media to share the news with her followers earlier this evening, writing: "Hey guys, I'd love to introduce you to someone ... this is Bodhi! Barely 24 hours old, he was born yesterday afternoon in the water, weighing in at 9 pounds 3 ounces.
"He's super chilled out and (as you'd expect) LOVES his food! Bodhi, mummy and daddy are doing great!"
The gorgeous chef has been eagerly awaiting the arrival of her little bundle of joy, with Carlos equally excited to meet their little man. Earlier this year, Nadia told Woman’s Day that she already felt “very connected” to their baby and couldn’t wait for him to make his appearance.
“I’m always giving my bump a little pat and I talk to him every day,” she gushed.
“It’s going to be so good to get to that moment when we’ll finally meet him. I can’t wait.”
Story continues below
This is the first child for Nadia and Carlos, who met while at university and currently work together as co-founders of the popular food delivery company My Food Bag.
The couple tied the knot in a loved-up ceremony on Karikari Peninsula back in 2012, and last year, they announced they were expecting a baby in an exclusive interview with Woman’s Day.
It was during a trip to Cambodia early last year that Nadia decided it was time for her and Carlos to start thinking about having their first child – and just two weeks later, they discovered the happy news that she was pregnant.
“It’s taken a while to get our heads round it because it happened so quickly,” Nadia revealed, “but it’s exciting and really nice to have something positive for my family to focus on. It’s a blessing.”
The pair were initially unsure about whether they wanted to know the gender of their baby before the birth, but as it turns out, that decision was eventually taken out of their hands.
“In the end, we had no choice because it was just so obvious on the scan! There was no mistaking it,” laughed Nadia, recalling the day they found out they were having a boy.
“We would have been really happy no matter what, but it’s definitely nice for Carlos,” Nadia revealed.
“He and his dad are so close – they’re best mates – and I know he’s always wanted to have that kind of relationship with his own son one day.”
Now that Carlos and Nadia’s son has safely arrived, the pair will no doubt be excited to settle into life as a family of three!
Congratulations to the couple on their gorgeous baby boy.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019